Idli & Coconut Chutney.
You can cook Idli & Coconut Chutney using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Idli & Coconut Chutney
- Prepare of For Idli.
- You need of Idli rice.
- Prepare of Urad Dal.
- You need of Fenugreek seeds.
- You need of Poha or Flattened Rice.
- It's of Salt as per taste.
- You need of For Coconut Chutney.
- You need of Grated Coconut.
- Prepare of Chana Dal.
- You need of Few curry.
- Prepare of green chilies.
- You need of Lot of ice.
- Prepare of For Tadka in Coconut Chutney.
- It's of coconut oil.
- It's of Chana Dal.
- Prepare of Whole red chillies.
- It's of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
Idli & Coconut Chutney step by step
- For Idli - Soak Urad Dal with Fengreek seeds and Poha for 4 hours with adequate water..
- Soak Idli Rice with adequate water for 4 hours.
- Strain the water from the Dal and add all to the blender. Make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Strain the water from the Rice and add to the blender and make a coarse paste..
- Combine both the Dal & Rice together in a large bowl and add salt. Cover and ferment for whole night.
- Grease the Idli mould with oil and add a ladle of the Idli batter..
- Add to a steamer and steam on high flame for 12 mins each time to complete the batches.
- For Coconut Chutney - Grate the coconut and add to the blender. Roast the Chana Dal for 2-3 mins on low flame and add to the grated Coconut. Add green chillies, curry leaves, salt and lot of ice. Blend smooth. Add water if only necessary to make a watery Chutney.
- For Tadka - heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, whole red chillies, Chana Dal and curry leaves. Stir for 2 mins and add to the Coconut..
- Plate and enjoy soft Idlis with Coconut Chutney.